Monday, February 13, 2012

Week #6

The first article was about how these certain companies having different views on how to track web visits from the consumers. I am actually still pretty confused about what exactly is going on in the article. I think the main idea is that there were cookies planted on the site so it could track who visited and things like that. I think the general consensus was to mix panel based data with their own tools for measuring.


The second article is about how AdSense for content publishers, who make up the vast majority of our AdSense publishers, earn a 68% revenue share worldwide. Now the article explains what this means, but I'm still a little confused. Are they saying that they pay the advertisers who use AdSense 68% of the money made? I think that is what I understand from this article. I have read it a couple times, so I think I understand. The revenue share isn't supposed to change, but obviously that can't be guaranteed forever.

I thought the fourth article was actually interesting. I did not know that most Ad agencies don't setup ads on TV themselves. They actually hire ad-buying agencies to do that for them. When an ad gets placed on TV the ad agency may not necessarily know exactly where the ad will run. There is some control though, such as the ad agencies being able to buy specific shows for their ad to run as opposed to just which network. I liked the example the article gave, using advertiser's X and Z to help illustrate a point. Made it a lot more clear, and easier to understand.

I could not open article 3 for some reason. It would start to load, and just go to a blank page for me. I tried playing with my firewall settings, and open it in different browsers. I was just unable to figure out why it wouldn't load.

No comments:

Post a Comment