Right off the bat I liked the comparison from web 1.0 to web 2.0. It is cool to see initially what they changed from 1 to the other. Right under that they show a little graph of the " web as a platform" as the article called it. I thought at first glance the outline was helpful, but the more I looked at it I just got confused. I really had to keep reading to understand just what the map was saying.
It is crazy to read about netscape. It feels like it was so long ago that this was actually a viable form of reaching the world wide web. This was probably one of the most interesting compare and contrasts I read in the article.
For the Akamai vs. Bittorrent I have never heard of Akamai before. I have used Bittorrent and still use it sometimes. Never knew there was actually a "first" version of this I guess you could say.
Pretty cool how the internet and its applications are evolving and becoming more user friendly. I really can't even imagine what the Web 3.0 is going to entail. As fast as technology is moving, and having seen the vast increase in just my generation, there is no telling what will happen in the next 20-50 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment