I thought the presentation that Dr. Parmalee gave was good. I honestly was not expecting to be very interesting, but I was very surprised. It helped that nothing dragged on, and no point was "over-made" or "under-made". I think he covered some very important happenings between politics and Twitter. I had no idea that a social media site could actually sway and have that much effect on voting.
I personally don't use Twitter, but it was cool that someone in the audience said they actually had a conversation with a political person through tweeting, or whatever it's called. That to me stands out as one of the coolest aspects of Twitter in its own right. As I become more involved with politics and my surrounding politicians I think I may end up getting on board with Twitter for the use politics. Never thought I would say those words, but the presentation actually may have swayed my opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment