I have never heard of DoubleClick until we first talked about it in class. This may be in large due to the fact that DoubleClick is an Ad agency, and I couldn't give a crap about ads on most days.
I did like the charts and graphs that they posted in this piece. I always feel that graphs like that help the reader understand exactly what they are talking about.
It's cool to see how they used to be with ads, because there was no way for consumers to skip over them. Now with all of the DVR, free download sites, and things like that it is getting extremely hard for companies to get their product shown to consumers.
What does this mean for advertising in the future? Since advertisers pay to have their ads put on, what does that mean for the companies that the advertisers pay? If their is no longer a way for ads to be seen does that mean that companies will have to find other ways of income?
Overall, this was a kind of cool read, especially since I know little about how the advertising industry works. It will be a interesting subject to keep an eye on over the next several years to see how everything will change.
No comments:
Post a Comment